Terms of Service
Blackworld is a networking service that allows Members to create unique personal profiles online in order to find and communicate with individuals, companies and organizations that are involved with the legal culture in some way.
The Services offered by Blackworld ("Blackworld" or "we") include the Blackworld Website (the "Website"), and any other features, content, or applications offered by Blackworld in connection with the Website (collectively, the "Services").
Blackworld may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by Blackworld on the Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on Blackworld and that you provide to other Users. Your Blackworld profile may not include the following items: and any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other Blackworld Members may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and Blackworld assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the Services by any person, please contact Blackworld.
Blackworld reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by the user (“you”), or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the Services is void where prohibited. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 14 years of age.
2. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the appropriate instructions. Blackworld may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
3. Fees. You acknowledge that Blackworld reserves the right to charge for the Services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If Blackworld terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
4. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will be asked to choose a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Blackworld immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
5. Non-commercial Use by Members. The Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Blackworld. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Services, including collecting ("harvesting") the usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
6. Proprietary Rights in Content on Blackworld.
1. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") on or through the Services, you hereby grant to Blackworld, a non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such Content on and through the Services. This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the Services. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the Services.
2. The Services contain Content of Blackworld (Blackworld content). Blackworld content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Blackworld owns and retains all rights in the Blackworld Content and the Services. Blackworld hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Blackworld Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Website and using the Services.
3. The Services contain Content of Users and other Blackworld licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Services.
7. Content Posted.
1. Blackworld holds the right to delete any Content that in the sole judgment of Blackworld violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. Blackworld assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Blackworld chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Services, Blackworld will also assume no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
2. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members. Blackworld has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by Blackworld prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Blackworld. Blackworld makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
8. Content/Activity Prohibited.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited
to post on or through the Services. Blackworld reserves the right to investigate
and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Blackworld's sole discretion,
violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending
content from the Services and terminating the Membership of such violators.
Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole
discretion of Blackworld:
2. harasses or advocates
harassment of another person;
5. solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
6. provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
7. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
8. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
9. involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
10. furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
12. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
13. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
14. includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or
15. for companies, media
groups, to use sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or
deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
1. criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
2. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without the consent from Blackworld. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, Blackworld reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to Blackworld, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to assess. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay Blackworld $500 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the Services;
3. covering or blocking the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Blackworld page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
4. any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to increase the size of your personal network of friends;
5. attempting to impersonate another Member, person, group, company.
6. using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
7. using any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person; or
8. using the Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
9. Copyright Policy. You
may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material,
trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining
the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the
policy of Blackworld to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly
infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of prompt notification
to Blackworld by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent.
12. Disclaimers. Blackworld is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Services provided, whether caused by Users of the Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Services. Profiles created and posted by Members on Blackworld may contain links to other websites. Blackworld is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Blackworld. When you access third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Blackworld takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this Website or through the Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. Blackworld is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Services. Blackworld assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. Blackworld is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Services. Under no circumstances shall Blackworld be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Services, attendance at a Blackworld event, from any Content posted on or through the Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the Services, whether online or offline. The Services are provided "AS-IS" and as available and Blackworld expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
14. U.S. Export Controls. Software available in connection with the Services (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that such download or use is not in violation of any such law.
15. Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the State courts of the State of Nevada. Either Blackworld or you may demand that any dispute between Blackworld and you arising out of this Agreement must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA).
16. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Blackworld, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the Website or through the Services causes Blackworld to be liable to another.
17. This Agreement is accepted
upon your use of the Website or any of the Services and is further affirmed
by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between
you and Blackworld regarding the use of the Services. The failure of Blackworld
to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate
as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement
are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Blackworld
is a trademark of Blackworld Corporation. This Agreement operates to the fullest
extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void
or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and
does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.